Join Caroline Pidgeon and the London Liberal Democrats in calling for a better policy for homes.
We need you to join us in our campaign for more new homes and a fair deal for renters.
Did you know?
The Liberal Democrats worked in coalition to improve the government's approach to homes. They:
- Increased the number of homes built from record lows to 150,000 a year and ensured the first net gain in social housing for 30 years.
- Brought in legislation to ban revenge evictions and created a register of rogue landlords with financial penalties of up to £30,000.
- Improved the energy efficiency of over a million homes, reducing UK energy consumption by 2.5% between 2013 and 2015.
The Liberal Democrats in London, led by Caroline Pidgeon AM, want to create decent homes for all Londoners. We will:
- Use the Olympic Precept from Council Tax as a Housing Precept to unlock £2 billion of funding.
- Build 200,000 homes on publicly owned land, including 50,000 genuine council homes.
- Create a Construction Academy to develop and train young people in modern building methods.
- Bring in a register for Landlords to stop private renters being exploited and end up front fees for tenants who are renting privately.
- Support councils to enforce housing standards and prosecute rogue landlords.
If you agree with Caroline, Join our campaign for a better housing plan for London. Add your name and details to the petition below and help us to make London a great place to own or rent a home.